Catch up on the latest legal news from Jessica Yaniv Simpson, plus Miriam Yaniv and Aunty Ilana Altmann. I’m including all known cases here because it’s good to see it all in one place. March – April 9, 2021 updates in red.
Jessica Yaniv Simpson
- JY Criminal – Weapons Possession – Two charges, one dropped, one guilty plea. Yaniv received probation. Last fall he applied to remove some conditions it was granted. Last month he applied to remove more and it was not granted. Yaniv remains on probation and is prohibited from owning a firearm. Update April: a 490 application was filed, most likely to finalize the forfeiture of JY’s weapons. It was granted.
- JY Criminal – Assault – Hearing scheduled for April 22, 2021 to confirm a trial date of June 25, 2021 in courtroom 101.
- JY Criminal – Uttering Threats, Mischief (2 counts) – Hearing April 9, 2021 to confirm trial date. Andrew Coulthard appeared virtually for this and requested an adjournment. He claimed he was unable to reach the prosecutor to confirm a trial date because he was unaware of the correct spelling of the prosecutors name (Cheryl Stanley). Another hearing is scheduled for April 27 to confirm a future trial date.
- JY Private Prosecutions – Eight under Jessica Simpson, 16 under Jessica Yaniv. None have been approved by Crown or a Judge. At least one has been denied (File 243682). Some of these may be restraining order applications.
- JY vs ToL – BC Provincial Small Claims – Yaniv amended his application to add more defendants, including the attorney general, City of Vancouver, etc.
- JY vs Strata – BC Provincial Small Claims – JY sued their strata for various hurt feelings. Strata replied April 8, denying all claims and seeking costs from JY.
- JY vs DFS – BC Provincial Small Claims– JY withdrew his lawsuit against DFS, which was immediately followed up by a written invitation from the judge to DFS to apply for costs. Expected to occur in the week of April 12-16, 2021.
- JY vs Keean Bexte/David Menzies – BC Provincial Small Claims –Bexte/Menzies lawyer last rejected Yaniv’s claims and they are awaiting a reply from Yaniv. It is widely speculated that Bexte and Rebel Media have parted ways as of April 8, 2021.
- JY vs Rebel News – BC Supreme – JY applied for and received a fee waiver a second time. His documents disclosed that he is receiving disability benefits and filed an updated Notice of Claim.
- JY vs Amy Hamm – BC Supreme – Initiated by Hamm, no updates since Aug 2020.
- JY vs RCMP – Claimed – Canadian Human Rights Commission – Under review.
- JY vs Galaxy Pageants – Ontario Human Rights Commission – Under review.
- JY vs Aestheticians – BCHRT – JY ordered to pay $6,000.
- JY vs Bill Whatcott – BCHRT – Withdrawn.
- JY vs Fraser Health/PHSA – BC Provincial Small Claims– Withdrawn.
- JY vs Kari Simpson – BC Provincial Small Claims– Withdrawn.
- JY vs Choo’s – BC Provincial Small Claims – Withdrawn.
- JY vs Physiotherapists – BC Provincial Small Claims– Settled for a measly $2500.
- JY vs Aestheticians – BC Provincial Small Claims – Withdrawn.
- JY vs Andrew Barron – BC Provincial Small Claims – Old, closed.
- JY vs Phoenix Muranetz and others – BC Provincial Small Claims – Old, closed.
- JY vs Miriam’s Strata – BC Provincial Small Claims – Old, closed.
Total: 12 BC Provincial Small Claims, six criminal charges, at least two BC Supreme cases, 16-21 BCHRT complaints, at least one Canadian Human Rights Commission complaint, one Ontario Human Rights Complaint, 24 private prosecutions. If you’re counting, that’s 67 separate legal ventures that we know of.
- MY Private Prosecutions – five private prosecutions. One was added in the last few days (likely March 5, 2021).
- Miriam vs Strata – Civil – Last updated Feb 19, 2021. Likely withdrawn.
- MY Criminal – There is video showing Miriam Yaniv being arrested, and MeowMix received an anonymous tip stating there are charges coming. As of today, March 8, 2021, there are no charges.
Total: Five private prosecutions, one civil, and suspected criminal charges coming.
- IA Private Prosecutions – One added, most likely on March 5, 2021.
- IA vs Township of Langley – Civil – Most likely filed by JY. The handwriting is extremely close to JY’s handwriting and the last name is misspelled (it says Altman, not Altmann, which is the correct spelling).
- IA Criminal – There is video showing Ilana Altman being escorted from Miriam’s condo, and MeowMix received an anonymous tip stating there are charges coming. As of today, March 8, 2021, there are no charges.
Total: One private prosecution, one civil, and suspected criminal charges coming.
That’s 75 different confirmed files for the three stooges alone. None of the above includes Yaniv’s various threats (Twitter, NY Fries, etc).
Court data is from BC CSO.